Watch Nate Archer’s “Beyond Responsive” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference
The rise of mobile has forced everyone dealing with web experiences to think beyond the desktop format. But, if we have learned anything from the recent push to mobile, we need to anticipate the future sooner rather than later; not only the next wave of formats, but everything after that. This presentation will talk about why we have to adapt to creating more flexible interactions for the immediate future and the coming wave of connected devices. It will look at the practical lessons learned from today’s best practices in responsive web design and think about how we can evolve and expand these to better handle the implications of a growing internet of things. The presentation aims to start a dialogue within the community and link web designers and more product oriented designers together, as there two worlds blur together.
Nate Archer is the Lead Content Strategy Specialist at Myplanet Digital in Toronto. Nate has a diverse background that includes experience in industrial design, digital publishing and interaction design. This diverse combination fuels Nate’s unique approach to user experience design, coming through in his work with a range of clients, from large enterprises to smaller start-ups. Nate looks at design problems holistically, artfully blending ideas and methods from service design, information architecture and interaction design, with a keen eye on the user. Nate is also an accomplished writer, contributing to a range of magazines and websites, as well as journals and small-run publications. He has also spoken on design internationally, including the State of Design Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
- Watch Avi Itzkovitch’s “Designing with Sensors: Creating Adaptive Experiences” talk at Interaction’14 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Antonio De Pasquale’s “Design in Motion” talk at Interaction’14 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Steve Baty’s “A Model of Behavioural Design” talk at Interaction’14 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Paul Adams’ “How to Design Social Experiences” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Davide Casali’s “Social Experience Design” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference