Watch “Why (and How) Businesses Should Think Small” discussion at Smart Salon Highlights
The difference between a good and a great product are its details – those microinteractions that make up the small moments inside and around its features. Our latest Smart Salon explored this compelling topic with Smart Design’s Director of Interaction Design, Dan Saffer, Kristen Culp of Pebble Technology, Bill DeRouchey of GE and Karen Kaushansky of Jawbone.
How do you toggle the on/off switch? How do you know you set a status? How can you change the volume? All these little moments—which are typically embedded in a feature list and are often dismissed—can change a product from one that is tolerated to one that’s beloved, when deliberately designed.
- Watch Paul Adams’ “How to Design Social Experiences” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Davide Casali’s “Social Experience Design” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Josh Seiden’s “A Designers Introduction to Lean Startup” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Avi Itzkovitch’s “Designing with Sensors: Creating Adaptive Experiences” talk at Interaction’14 | IxDA Conference
- Watch Nate Archer’s “Beyond Responsive” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference