Information Technology in Brazil: leading the video games market growth in 2012
Brazil is the country where the electronic game market grew the most in the world last year: a study of manufacturers showed that sales of video games and equipment totaled R$ 1.6 billion last year (800 million US dollars). While this market has shrunk in most countries, in Brazil grew by 60% in comparison with 2011.
A new generation of games and consoles took over the market in 2012. Some models have even cheaper, but, according to the survey, Brazilian consumers are still willing to spend whatever it takes to get your hands on that accessory, latest release, which makes the game even more interesting.
Reasons for expansion in Brazil? According to experts, the construction of two large manufacturers caused the cheapening of the price of equipment and games. “The local manufacturing of the gaming consoles and also allowed a reduction of up to 40% of the final consumer, and ease of purchase on the retail market has allowed increased increasingly demand,” says Valeria Molina, director of Microsoft’s retail.
The reduction of piracy also had a positive impact in the gaming market. Every dollar invested in formal software injects $ 437 in the sector.
“There is a need for you to play online with your friends, and even strangers around the world. No need to use the original game on the console, so I think the two sides, price drop, marketing campaign, as well as the technology of consoles that also favors the use of original games, “says Marcelo Tavares, specialist electronic games.
- Information Technology in Brazil: Number of video game consoles manufactured locally grows 92% in 2013
- Information Technology in Brazil: China is passed and Brazil becomes 7th largest software market in the world
- Gaming in Brazil: Women represent 41% of gamers, says survey
- Consumer Behavior in Brazil: iPad mini is the world’s most expensive
- Information Technology in Brazil: cloud computing is expected to move US$ 798 million in 2015