The 18 minute “Connecting” documentary (by Basset & Partners) is an exploration of the future of Interaction Design and User Experience from some of the industry’s thought leaders, including some of my heroes like Liz Danzico, Blaise Agüerra y Arcas, Jennifer Bove, Jonas Löwgren and Robert Fabricant.
As the role of software is catapulting forward, Interaction Design is seen to be not only increasing in importance dramatically, but also expected to play a leading role in shaping the coming “Internet of things.”
Ultimately, when the digital and physical worlds become one, humans along with technology are potentially on the path to becoming a “super organism” capable of influencing and enabling a broad spectrum of new behaviors in the world.
via Connecting on Vimeo.
- Watch Nate Archer’s “Beyond Responsive” talk at Interaction’13 | IxDA Conference
- Internet in Brazil: 33% of Brazilians have Internet access at home
- Watch Dr. Genevieve Bell’s “Rage Against the Machine?” Keynote at IxDA | Interaction ’12 Conference
- Watch Nick Finck’s “Crafting Interactions with OmniGraffle” talk at Omnigroup
- Jinha Lee’s “Reach into the computer and grab a pixel” talk at TED
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 at 9:01 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Tags: Cell Phone Users, cell phones, Design, Interaction Design, Interaction Designer, Internet, Liz Danzico, mobile devices, Mobile Phones, Mobile Web, Robert Fabricant, Software, technology, twitter, user, user experience, User Interface, user research, Vimeo