Their report states that while at the end of 2011 there were 61 buildings taller than 300 metres in the world, by the end of 2017 there will be as many, if not more in China alone.
Dezeen has previously reported that a record-breaking number of skyscrapers were completed last year.
- Architecture & Urban Planning in China: BBC highlights the rise of the Asian megacities
- Living in China: Shanghai air quality takes unhealthy turn
- Living in China: Shanghai’s air falls below standard
- Watch Bjarke Ingels’ “3 warp-speed architecture tales” talk at TED
- Watch “The Printable House” video by 1:1 Arkitektur