According to Hurun Research Institute, there are a total of 2.7 million dollar millionaires in China and those in Beijing, Guangdong and Shanghai combined represent almost half of total dollar millionaires (47.6%).
There are 63,500 super rich (CNY 100 million or USD 15.8 million) in China, most of whom are business individuals. These numbers are known rich people in China and the real number is probably twice or even three times as much
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: Shanghai’s number of millionaires grows
- Consumer Behavior in Brazil: Growth of the Brazilian economy creates 19 millionaires a day, says ‘Forbes’
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: Super-rich in growing passion for investment
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: Chinese travelers shop until they drop
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: becoming the biggest market of luxury products