Alleviating poverty is more guesswork than science, and lack of data on aid’s impact raises questions about how to provide it. But Clark Medal-winner Esther Duflo says it’s possible to know which development efforts help and which hurt — by testing solutions with randomized trials.
- Watch Aaron Koblin’s “Crowds and Clouds: Data, Sheep, and Collaboration” talk at MIT’s Office of the Arts
- Watch Michael Norton’s “How to buy happiness” talk at TED
- Watch Dan Ariely’s “What makes us feel good about our work?” talk at TED
- Gary Flake demos Pivot and asks “is it a turning point for web exploration?” talk at TED
- Autodesk China presents: World Usability Day 2011