The study, called Our Planet Mobile – which interviewed customers in 40 countries — says that 42% of Brazilian users access the Internet on smartphones daily. Of these, 50% do web searches by phone and 80% access social networks on their devices.
While using smartphones, 21% of Brazilians watch videos daily, according to the survey and one in four prefer to go without television than in having the device. Over 70% do not leave home without their device.
The survey shows that 80% of respondents have already researched products or services by phone and 55% of them have already made purchases — 31% directly on the device. And more than half of Brazilians who own smartphones make online purchases on their phones at least once a month.
- Consumer Behavior in Brazil: leading in worldwide purchase of mobile phones and HD TVs
- Internet in Brazil: Active Internet users grew 14% year-on-year
- Mobile Devices in Brazil: Government reduces taxes on smartphones
- Internet in Brazil: 33% of Brazilians have Internet access at home
- Internet in Brazil: banking transactions on smartphones grow more than four times in 2012
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 at 11:56 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.