Danish architects from 1:1 Arkitektur – in collaboration with Facit Homes – are constructing an entire house in just four weeks with only their computer (it looks like that they are using Autodesk® Revit®) and a CNC machine. Constructed entirely out of wood, the printed house demonstrates a sustainable, quick and affordable alternative to conventional building that minimizes waste and simplifies the buildings process. Many argue that this way of building is the future of construction.
- 3D printing not rocket science anymore
- Architecture & Urban Planning in China: Building Desert Ghost City as Critics Warn of Bubble
- Watch Clay Shirky’s “How the Internet will one day transform government” talk at TED
- Architecture & Urban Planning in China: dominating skyscraper construction in 2012
- Architecture & Design in Brazil: list of the world’s most innovative projects highlights houses in Brazil
This entry was posted on Monday, May 7th, 2012 at 10:49 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.