“There’s a flip side to everything,” the saying goes, and in 2 minutes, Derek Sivers shows this is true in a few ways you might not expect.
Derek Sivers is best known as the founder of CD Baby. A professional musician since 1987, he started CD Baby by accident in 1998 when he was selling his own CD on his website, and friends asked if he could sell theirs, too. CD Baby was the largest seller of independent music on the web, with over $100M in sales for over 150,000 musician clients.
In 2008, Sivers sold CD Baby to focus on his new ventures to benefit musicians, including his new company, MuckWork, where teams of efficient assistants help musicians do their “uncreative dirty work.”
- Internet in Brazil: Fund announces U.S. $ 130 million to invest in Brazilian Startups
- Information Technology in Brazil: PC sales sets record and Brazil moves up to 3rd place in the world ranking, says IDC
- Design in Brazil: overcoming exchange rate pressure and increasing exports with innovation
- Watch Joseph Pine’s “what consumers want” talk at TED
- Internet in Brazil: Stores that only sell over the Internet already represent 20% of Brazilian e-commerce