Coca-cola expects China to become the US soft drink company’s biggest market by 2020 on the back of consistently strong double-digit growth. It believes that the partnership with Shanghai World Expo 2010 can help the company reach out to more clients, a senior manager said recently:
“China is now Coca-Cola‘s third-biggest market. We expect by 2020 China will be its largest market in the world,” said Neeraj Garg, general manager of Coca-Cola China’s Expo project. “The World Expo is expected to attract 70 million visitors throughout 184 days and we’re taking this opportunity to really connect with everyone of them,” said Garg.
Its per capita consumption in China was 32 bottles last year but the market has returned double-digit growth for eight years.
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: Coca-Cola to invest $4b in China in 3 years
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: World adapts to waves of Chinese tourists
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: Swiss watches clocking up record sales in China
- Education in China: Textbooks come with obsolete cassettes
- China, Socialism & Consumer Behavior: Digital revolution drives retail