As the end of November, 2009, the number of Internet users in China had reached 360 million, an increase of 20.8 percent on last year. The figure marks China as having the most extensive Internet in terms of scale in the world, according to a CCTV report.
As of June 30, 2009, the number of Chinese Internet users had increased continuously to 338 million, and the penetration rate of the Internet had risen steadily to 25.5 percent, exceeding the world average of 21.9 percent.
By June 2009, the total number of Chinese domain names had reached 16.26 million, including 12.96 million CN domain names.
- Internet in China: users hit more than 500 million, growth reaching a plateau
- Chinese People and Their Mobile Phones: mobile phone users exceed 940 million
- Internet in Brazil: Active Internet users grew 14% year-on-year
- Internet in China: Rural Internet usage reaches 18.5%
- Internet in Brazil: nearly 80 million Internet users, says survey
This entry was posted on Monday, March 29th, 2010 at 10:33 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.