Internet in China: Obama says “Internet assists free flow of information”
Answering a question at the town hall meeting in Shanghai on Monday, President Obama said to a group of young Chinese college students that more freely information flows, stronger a society becomes. He said that unrestricted Internet access will give rise to new and creative ideas, and to some extent hold the government accountable for its deeds.
Obama added that during his campaign for the White House, his team’s prompt and wise mobilization of young American voters helped him win the presidency.
- Internet in Brazil: 33% of Brazilians have Internet access at home
- Internet in Brazil: ranked 7th largest internet market in the world, says survey
- Internet in China: users hit more than 500 million, growth reaching a plateau
- Internet in China: Rural Internet usage reaches 18.5%
- Internet in Brazil: nearly 80 million Internet users, says survey