Answering a question at the town hall meeting in Shanghai on Monday, President Obama said to a group of young Chinese college students that more freely information flows, stronger a society becomes. He said that unrestricted Internet access will give rise to new and creative ideas, and to some extent hold the government accountable for its deeds.
Obama added that during his campaign for the White House, his team’s prompt and wise mobilization of young American voters helped him win the presidency.
- Consumer Behavior in Brazil & China: US to increase the number of tourist visas
- Watch Rory Sutherland’ “Sweat the small stuff” talk at TED
- Internet in Brazil: Chrome becomes the most popular browser in Brazil, says research
- Information Technology in China: Smart City plans for Shanghai
- Internet in Brazil: Women represent 53% of Internet users
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 17th, 2009 at 11:31 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.