The International Union of Architects is launching a student competition to re-create 20th-century architectural icons with image models. The entries must be based on digital photographs using Autodesk ImageModeler® and Autodesk Stitcher® Unlimited software, which will be provided free for the competition.
Students are free to choose the structure they wish to represent, from a major landmark to an unknown building, with the condition that it was built between 1901 and 2000. On the basis of the Commission’s selection, the international jury will award a Grand Prize of 3.000 euro per category (that is 2 grand prizes of 3.000 euro each) for the best e-portfolios in the final ranking.
Docomomo will award two specifc prizes of 1 000 euro, in recognition of the quality of an image model of a building or ensemble of the “Modern Movement”
The winning entries, with the names of their authors, will be presented on the site www.the-area.com
All phases of the competition will be conducted on-line at www.3d20th.archi.fr
- Autodesk’s Free 123D Catch App Makes Your iPhone a 3D Scanner
- Information Technology in Brazil: university in the northeast is the best in Latin America on programming competition
- Information Technology in Brazil: Launching Investment Program to Boost Software and IT Industry
- Autodesk Design Visualization Reel 2011 Call for Submissions
- Autodesk Releases 3D Sculpting App For The iPad
This entry was posted on Monday, November 9th, 2009 at 9:29 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.