In this funny (and actually poignant) 3-minute talk, social strategist Renny Gleeson breaks down our always-on social world — where the experience we’re having right now is less interesting than what we’ll tweet about it later.
Renny Gleeson began his career as a game developer, but quickly moved to advertising at Saatchi & Saatchi‘s digital arm. From there, he crossed over to dEliA*s before he was recruited by the NBA, where he led their marketing team and created online platforms for their major sponsors.
Currently, Renny is the Global Digital Strategies Director for Wieden+Kennedy, a cutting-edge advertising agency handling clients such as Nike, Nokia and Target. He also writes a blog, ouroboros, on new media. Many brands remain cautious about their online presence in the face of alien ad space, but as Renny says, “If you don’t play, you’re out of the game.”
- Information Technology in Brazil: Success in creating games puts market in evidence
- Gary Flake demos Pivot and asks “is it a turning point for web exploration?” talk at TED
- Watch Rory Sutherland’ “Sweat the small stuff” talk at TED
- Internet in Brazil: ranked 7th largest internet market in the world, says survey
- Watch Damon Horowitz call for a “moral operating system” at TED