By July 2008, China had become the world’s largest internet market with 253 million internet users including 40 million Internet game players, journalists learned from the 2008 China-ASEAN Cultural Industry Forum, which closed in Nanning city on October 29.
By the end of 2007, the size of the Chinese internet market had reached 10.5 billion yuan, an increase of 61.65% compared to 2006. Meanwhile, Chinese-created internet games had taken up 65.1% of the Internet game market. With great support from the government, the animation and comic industry developed rapidly. In 2007, 168 cartoon movies and television series were produced, with a total running-time of 41,600 minutes
- Internet in Brazil: ranked 7th largest internet market in the world, says survey
- Design in China: DreamWorks Plans Studio in Shanghai
- Internet in China: users hit more than 500 million, growth reaching a plateau
- Watch Drew Davidson’s “Design for Fun: What Makes a Game Good, and a Good Game?” talk at MIT Media Lab
- Information Technology in Brazil: government to stimulate the production of games