Genevieve Bell’s lecture “The many futures of our digital lives”
We all live in a digital world, although it means different things to different people. In her inaugural public lecture as Adelaide’s Thinker in Residence, Intel’s Genevieve Bell will explore how digital technology is shaping our lives, our culture, and our future.
Dr Genevieve Bell is an anthropologist and ethnographer with both an academic and industry background. Her research has provided considerable insight to the importance of culture in the adoption and adaptation of technology. She is currently the Director of User Experience in Intel Corporation’s Digital Home Group in the United States.
Listen to lecture (mp3, 48 min, 16.5 mb):
- Watch Dr. Genevieve Bell’s “Rage Against the Machine?” Keynote at IxDA | Interaction ’12 Conference
- Internet in Brazil: Half of the population is included in the digital world, says survey
- Watch Nick Finck’s “Crafting Interactions with OmniGraffle” talk at Omnigroup
- Watch Avi Itzkovitch’s “Designing with Sensors: Creating Adaptive Experiences” talk at Interaction’14 | IxDA Conference
- Internet in Brazil: 33% of Brazilians have Internet access at home