There are 84.5 million users of mobile internet in China, which means 30 per cent of Chinese internet users surf the internet by mobile phone, said Yang Zemin, official from China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology recently.
Yang said the number of phone subscribers was 354 million by the end of August, 2008, decreased for the first time by 11 million. However, the number of subscriber of mobile phone was 616 million, up by 68.7 million from January to August this year.
He also said the total value of Chinese telecom market was 1.468 trillion yuan (over 225 billion US dollars) in the first 8 month of 2008, up by 24 per cent than the same period of last year. The revenue of the telecom was 540 billion yuan (around 83 billion US dollars) , up by 8.5 per cent.
- Chinese People and Their Mobile Phones: mobile phone users exceed 940 million
- Intellectual Property: Shanzhai Phones’ Declining Popularity in China
- Internet in Brazil: banking transactions on smartphones grow more than four times in 2012
- Internet in China: users hit more than 500 million, growth reaching a plateau
- Chinese People and Their Mobile Phones: Smartphones making rapid headway in cities
This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 at 1:18 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Tags: broadband, Consumer Behavior, Design, Information Technology, Internet, Internet In China, Internet use, Internet Users, market, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, mobile internet, Mobile Phones, revenue, Xinhua News, Yuan