Illegal and fraudulent messages accounted for 49.7 percent, while ads made up 45.48 percent.
Group spam companies accounted for 36.67 percent of the total, service provider firms made up 32.18 percent and net operators 20.75 percent.
At the end of 2007, China’s cell-phone users topped 500 million.
- Chinese People and Their Mobile Phones: mobile phone users exceed 940 million
- Internet in Brazil: Internet surpasses ATMs in banking transactions
- Watch Michael Anti’s “Behind the Great Firewall of China” Talk at TED
- Chinese People and Their Mobile Phones: Smartphones making rapid headway in cities
- Information Technology in China: Smart City plans for Shanghai
This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 30th, 2008 at 1:11 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.